Thursday, March 18, 2010

Smile: Black Young Men in Chicago with Futures

From the Chicago Tribune:
The entire senior class at Chicago's only public all-male, all-African-American high school has been accepted to four-year colleges. At last count, the 107 seniors had earned spots at 72 schools across the nation.


Another blogger passed this along and I'm glad she did. Don't we need some good news? And that it's from Chicago, the same city that last year had me weeping about the number of young people shooting each other makes this news doubly fantastic. Not saying the problem is solved there anymore than it's solved here in New Orleans, but I'll take my ray of hope where I can get it.

Read the full story at the CT, Charter school in tough neighborhood gets all its seniors into college

Story was so good, I posted it at WSATA also.

1 comment: